After a busy day exploring a new city the urge to go out indulge in some food and enjoy the local nightlife can be a great way to unwind and relax.
City nightlife can often be overwhelming and certainly in a country where there are certain traditions. Hanoi is a fairly laidback place to enjoy nightlife, with over 1000 years of history within its streets.
Hanoi nightlife offers an amazing array of chances to experience both the modern and ancient. From jazz clubs, restaurants to night time walking tours you will find something to keep everyone happy.
We have put together our favourite ways to spend your evenings in the Capital city of Vietnam.
1. Bia Hoi Junction - If you are looking for crowds and restaurants then head to Bia Hoi Junction. Nestled away at the heart of the old quarter the area is bustling with locals enjoying street food and a few local beers. The beers are cheap and the atmosphere is friendly and lively. Not to be missed if you crave the buzz of loud chatter and friendly locals.
2. Legend Beer - This brightly lit building near Hoan Kiem Lake certainly comes alive at night. If you like to be in a loud and lively atmosphere whilst drinking an ice cold beer, this is the place for you. Locals flock here to relax and enjoy the impressive range of beers on offer. The third floor location makes it a great place to people watch and look at the views across Hanoi.
3. Hanoi Opera House - If you want to end your day with some culture in a truly wonderful location the Hanoi Opera House is a must see for you. The performances are impressive and traditional. Often booked well in advance tickets can be hard to get your hands on, your tour operator will be happy to help and can often find great seats.
4. Vietnam Central Circus - This is definitely nightlife for the whole family. The circus is a wonderful display of local traditions. Experience life performances like fire breathing, play traditional Vietnamese fairground rides and indulge in street food. Street performers will keep you all occupied. A fantastic experience for all the family.
5. Jazz Clubs - Due to its French heritage Hanoi has a fabulous jazz scene. Wonder the many clubs and bars in the old quarter and you will hear the fabulous tones of live jazz music. Binh Minh Jazz club is one of the most famous jazz clubs in Hanoi. You can expect to hear jazz artists from all over the world play at this famous bar. Just turn up and see who you find!
Nightlife in Hanoi has so much to offer and you will find something to keep the whole family entertained. From jazz clubs, partying in the old quarter to the local circus you can be sure your evenings will be full and exciting.