Travel to Laos, visitors also easily find these products in the provincial markets with a little bit higher price. Although the Lao people are known by their characteristics of friendliness and sincerity, bargain is highly recommended as the price is usually inflated.
Like other Asian countries, there are a wide range of markets in Laos which can be held in the morning, afternoon and even at night. These market is opened up throughout the country. Here are some tips for shopping in Laos suggested by Holidaytoindochina:
1. The best shopping place for visitors in Luang Prabang would be the daily night market along the street of the Royal Palace Museum in the center of town.
2. While in Vientiane, the morning market is where you can begin a shopping tour of the capital.
3. Most shops are closed on Sundays.
4. Avoid buying antiques or cultural relics even like Buddha images since they are not allowed to be taken out of the nation. If you have purchased such items from neighboring countries, they should be declared to Customs upon your arrival of Laos.
5. Examine valuable items like gemstones and high value carpets in case they are fake.
6. Good bargains can be made when buying souvenirs in markets but not in shopping malls that usually have price tags on commodities.
7. Best silverwork can be found in Luang Prabang. Nevertheless, they are less qualified with international standards. Low your expectation since they are traditionally handmade works.